Learning of kids is of utmost importance and with the accelerated pace of technology, online learning has been on a rising trend. As everything from reading material to videos is available online, in this blog we share the pros and cons of online learning for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
Pros of Online Learning for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
- Saves time and stress - Online learning eliminates the days of stressful commuting. Preschoolers and kindergarteners can learn from the convenience of their homes without any rush.
- Learn from anywhere - If you as a parent are a frequent traveler, then it becomes easier and simpler for your kids to learn remotely. They won’t have to worry about missing a class ever again, as even if they were living in different parts of the world, a class can always be attended online.
- More cost-effective - Online learning saves money as most of the reading material is accessible online.
- Helps in building confidence - Being called on to answer questions can be a bit daunting for children who are shy or introverted. But online learning can provide a certain level of anonymity where the child might not be scared of talking to a tutor from behind a computer screen. This helps in boosting confidence and encourages children to participate in classroom activities.
- Multiple learning options - Online learning is highly interactive as preschoolers and kids in kindergarten can be taught virtually from an infinite pool of skills and subjects.
- Individualized schedules - Online learning gives opportunities for having flexible schedules, i.e. it can be tailored as per the needs and interests of the child.
- Online learning enhances internet and computer proficiency - Online learning promotes the development of skills needed for accessing information, collaboration, communication, and so on. These are not only important for succeeding in academics but life.
- Online learning supplements fun games - A new generation of online learning supplements games that can enable preschoolers/kindergarteners to learn while having fun playing games. This is known as skilled learning, which is reinforced by playing games.
Read this post as well to know How A Reading Tutor Can Enhance your Children’s Learning Skills
Cons of Online Learning for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
- Difficulty in settling toddlers- Preschoolers and kindergarteners can get restless sitting in front of a computer screen for longer periods. So tutors for kindergarteners and parents can both have a terrible time handling them.
- Short attention span- Preschoolers and kindergarteners have short attention spans. So instead of pursuing the classes online, they can switch to watching cartoons as they are way smarter with technology.
- Lack of personal touch- Online learning reduces personal interaction between preschoolers/kindergarteners and their teachers. This increases the gap between them. Additionally, it is also difficult to form deeper connections and have a sense of comradery.
- Technical difficulties- Poor internet connection is one of the most common technical challenges. Due to which the class can be interrupted, teachers might have to repeat multiple times because of the voice break. Children too can lose interest because of technical glitches like batteries dying, hardware issues (apart from lagging connectivity).
How Read With Us - An Online Reading Tutor Solves These Challenges?
Read With Us is an interactive online reading tutors platform that can be used by individuals to improve their child’s reading skills, vocabulary, and language fluency. Other prominent benefits of the platform include:
- One-to-one support - Provides individual attention to children that they might not get in the classroom.
- Makes reading fun - Reading tutors can make reading fun for preschoolers, kindergarteners and primary school children as they gamify it.
- Aids good night’s sleep - Professional reading tutors can help kids to sleep better by reading to them. New information to kids can distract their brains, and assist in taking their minds off the usual information.
- Increases the ability to empathize - When tutors read to children, they can experience realities that are outside of their lives. So by understanding the narrator’s perspective, children can learn to empathize. This also boosts their imagination and creativity.
Children these days are growing up with technology. It is important for parents to evaluate both pros and cons of online learning as it can help them embrace the new opportunities it has to offer - in terms of enhancing their child’s skills. For information regarding the best online reading tutoring platform, get in touch with us.